Wednesday 13 November 2013

Research - Drive influence

Influence's 

I recently watched 'Drive' again for the second time and after studying Media Studies for a term, I realised just how good the opening sequence is. Charlie and I want to create a Film Noir style opening sequence but with a modern twist and 'Drive', definitely does this. The moment when Ryan Gosling, who plays the driver, walks into the motel room, you get an incredibly interesting, yet eerie, chiaroscuro effect on his face. I definitely want to try and create this in our opening sequence as it has clearly stuck with me and would hopefully create the same effect upon our audience, who sadly to say, will be considerably less than Gosling's, but we can always hope. There are many clever uses of shadows in this opening sequence but this one shot, as previously mentioned, stuck with me.



Drive Opening Credits with Kavinsky (Nightcall)   - Click on this



M.T

No comments:

Post a Comment