Wednesday 3 December 2014

Graphics Influence and Sample Fonts

After watching the trailer for Zodiac in order to analyse the credits and how they appear, I noticed the final title and thought it was remarkably similar to the look we were going for with a few minor details changed to fit with the style of the film itself. As seen in the aims for our graphics we are particularly fond of the idea of having our titles appear just above (slightly merging) with a city skyline in the background:



I also like the way, as seen in the first picture above, the words almost fade in from left to right and then became brighter as the trailer continues. I am also a fan of the simple font seen above and decided to sample a few of my own in Final Cut in order to see the outcome (skip to 2.21) :




Below are just a few stills showing some sample Fonts from Illustrator that I put together and then screen grabbed before placing them onto this blogpost:


I am particularly fond of the 'Trajan Pro' font as I feel it adds a professional/slick look to the main title that will appear at the end of our trailer. However, I also like the depth of the 'Silom' sample font and would like to combine both of these along with the fonts that my partner has produced to make the final title that most fits our style and tone that we intended for the narrative graphics. Obviously these are just a select few of the many different fonts we looked at throughout the process.

MT

No comments:

Post a Comment