Thursday 5 February 2015

Poster - constructing

I wanted to create a poster similar to the style seen in 'Welcome to The Punch', which is our main influence. I first started by creating a base colour which I liked and wanted to work on top off. I decided to make it blue and I added a few effects, such as gradient overlay and a pattern overlay in order to make it more engaging, instead of simply using block blue colour. 


I then decided that I wanted to create an interesting effect using lines being drawn down the poster cover. I decided to play around with the different line formations until I found something that I liked, again using 'Welcome to The Punch' as an influence. I also decided to switch my canvas by 90 degrees as I felt it suited the style I was going for more closely.


After finding the right configuration of lines, I decided that I wanted to add something (a picture of some sort) in the background of the lines in order to make them more engaging for an audience. I wanted to use an image of the city but seeming as I haven't yet had the chance to properly take a picture that I like, I decided to use a found image to represent what it would actually look like. This part was particularly difficult as I am not hugely confident on Photoshop but after much work, I am pleased with how it turned out.


I decided to add some spotlight brushes at the top of the poster just above where I wanted the title to be placed, in order to highlight the name of our film in a more interesting and engaging way. 



I then decided to add the title plus initial names of our main three actors in the film like most conventional crime/thriller posters. I used the same font as seen in our trailer narrative moments in order to provide that link between film and poster and also adhere to the conventions of how film packages are released. I also placed the certification for our trailer in the bottom left-hand corner. Although I am still deciding where I want the certification to be placed before the deadline for this task. 



MT

No comments:

Post a Comment