Wednesday 22 October 2014

Trailer Influence - Irreversible (2002)

Irreversible Trailer:



I came across this trailer whilst searching for actor influences for our second antagonist. I thought the use of colour in the trailer was extremely interesting as seen from a few stills, taken from the trailer, which are located below. I particularly like the still image of the blue and orange lighting across the two actors faces and would like to attempt to make something similar to this as I feel it would suit the aesthetic we are looking for in our trailer extremely well. I was also fond of the still image of the woman walking with her back to the camera. This lasted for 10 seconds, which is an extremely long time for a single shot in one trailer but I thought it worked well and coincided interestingly with the words, 'Dazzling' and 'Emotionally Devastating'. The choice to keep her back to the audience was something I particularly liked for that length of time as it created a sense of mystery and tension, which was held nicely, throughout the trailer. The choice of colours, as previously mentioned was also thought provoking in this trailer and due to the fact that we want to play with the idea of using different colours to highlight different emotions at different times, this has influenced me greatly in this stage of the development of our trailer. In most of our influences, Blue and Red seem to be the major colours being highlighted on screen but I felt this trailer used Orange to great effect and this has certainly helped us to broaden our ideas and thoughts about what colours we should use and when to use them in our film/trailer.
































MT

No comments:

Post a Comment