Monday 17 November 2014

Title influences 2

I was looking at many different sample title fonts from 'Artofthetitle.com' and came across a wide range of extremely interesting and engaging fonts that I wanted to share as they have certainly influenced us when thinking about our own title graphics. I particularly like two shots from the BBC crime/thriller 'By Any Means' below. The shot of the eye that has been colour saturized with a light blue tint, similar to the titles in 'Welcome to The punch' and the lighting from our bar location that I recceed not to long ago.


I also like the shot below with the words, 'By Any Means' written either side of the black line splitting the shot (horizon). The silhouette image of the man in front of the titles is also extremely powerful and causes the titles to stand out in comparison to the rather bland back setting. I also like the contrast in black and white as I feel it is similar to the effect we are going for (the idea of our protagonist having to deal with 'Two Evils'). 


I also came across the titles for 'Red Lights' in 2012 starring Robert De Niro. I am fond of the simple use of title/font in this collage as I feel that it captures the mood and tone of the film perfectly. This is something we would also want to recreate and so this has been of influence to us when thinking about our narrative graphics. 


I am not a huge fan of the three red spot-lights by the title of the film in the image below as I feel it to strongly connotes love and is similar to the kind of font found in a Romantic Comedy. Having said this, the red neon colouring of the spot-lights is similar to the colour tone we want in our trailer and so we would perhaps look to use similar colours at certain points in our own trailer. 


Despite the clear connotations of blood and horror from the titles below, the style and font is still of influence to us. When comparing a few of our sample fonts, they are similar to the font seen in the top left picture of the collage. We have definitely been influenced by the style of the font used in the collage below and would  look to use something similar when producing the final title for our trailer. 


Below are just a few more influences that we have considered when preparing are titles and even narrative graphics as a whole:



MT

No comments:

Post a Comment