Thursday 20 November 2014

Trailer Influence - 'Heat'



I recently watched this trailer after looking at 'sound' in multiple different crime/thriller trailers and was particularly drawn to this one because of many reasons, not just to do with sound.
I liked:

  • First of all the sound was extremely well used in this trailer to create tension all the way through, especially towards the start whereby fog horn noises, similar to that in 'WTTP' were used in order to show the danger of the situation. 
  • I also liked the way they combined the music (soundtrack & voices) with the slow motion shots of Pacino walking towards the camera. 
  • The graphics choice to have Pacino's name revealed after only 0.12secs was also extremely effective as it caused his character to stand out in conjunction to the others on screen, which I feel is the intention in this trailer. It also attracts a certain audience (Pacino fans etc). 
  • I am also fond of the style of graphics they have chosen to use here as they stand out and are memorable as an audience member. I like the blue neon style below as I feel as though it fits in with the style of the trailer and adheres to the genre. 
  • I also like the mood and tone of this trailer - the general aesthetic of the shots combined with sound, colour  
MT

No comments:

Post a Comment