Monday 19 January 2015

Aims for magazine

My aim for the lesson today was to find a solid working title and sample a few different fonts against different coloured backgrounds. The colour of the background is less important to me at this stage as I will now be focusing mainly on the font and trying to find one that would stand out on my magazine poster. Font is often the most important thing to a magazine cover as it is the first thing an audience member looks at before beginning to read and/or judge whether they want to purchase it. I will be using 'Working Title' for now whilst I am thinking for the right name for my magazine cover.

Below are a few sample fonts: I am not particularly fond of these as they look more like the kind of fonts you are likely to see in the graphics of a movie instead of the slick font of a magazine cover. These might be more appropriate for the poster with the obvious links to the graphics of our actual trailer. However it was still useful to experiment with the different fonts available.

 
Sample Names (brainstorming):
 
  • Cinema Verite
  • Close-Up
  • The Cutaway
  • The Dark Horse
  • The Extended Cut
  • The Film Review
  • UK Film Review
  • UK Review
  • British Review
  • UK Unseen
  • UK Helm
  • Helm Cut
  • Directors Cut
  • On-Scene
  • UK Icon
  • Inside Joke
  • Inside UK
  • Invictus Magazine
  • The Interlude
MT

No comments:

Post a Comment