Tuesday 27 January 2015

Media Magazine - Progress

We decided to take a few photos of our main actor (plus us, as the directors for Charlie's magazine) in order to insert these images into Photoshop and then play around with them. We wanted to play around with a few different images in order to increase our chances of finding one we particularly like. Below, you can see two different sets of images of Gabriel in the editing stage of Photoshop. As you can see I played around with the different colours, their transparency and saturation in order to find the desired effect. I particularly like the first image below and decided to use it as the central image to my magazine, which is influenced by the famous 'Empire' Magazine. I also enjoyed using tools such as spot removal in order create a completely clean-looking face, similar to that of modelling photos on the front cover of a magazine.


As you can see below, I decided to play around with the different levels of brightness, temperature and vibrance in order to make the central image more powerful. I decided to play around with the different colourings as well but landed on this image below and felt it was the perfect fit for my magazine front cover. 



I originally wanted to split the central image and have Gabriel looking both ways on the front cover, but after much deliberation, I decided that it would probably be a better idea to attempt this for the poster, instead of the magazine. 



MT

No comments:

Post a Comment