Sunday 1 December 2013

Sound Practise/Recce

I have learnt many things from this sound practise that I didn't realise from before. The first thing I learnt was the importance of where the boom pole is in relation to actor on camera. The sound pole has to be close to the actor in order to hear and understand what he is saying but you obviously cannot have the sound pole in shot. I also experienced some problems with the micro-tracks, in relation to the sound that we heard. The sound was too quiet during our first test run and so I learnt to check the sound level before filming each shot. I realise now how frustrating it would be to get back after a whole day of filming to find out that the sound is too quiet. We also learnt to start recording before the scene starts as you often miss something and or as you can see from this video, someone is still in shot when the filming begins. This sound practise has been invaluable to us as it meant that we could get to grips with how to use the different equipment (lighting and sound) and mean that when we film our actual opening sequence, we hopefully shouldn't make any mistakes.




MT

No comments:

Post a Comment